SkillSea aims to improve co-operation between education providers, competent authorities and industry across Europe to guarantee high quality maritime education in Europe. This will create a Europe – wide level playing field for seafarer training standards. The consortium consists of 27 partners from 16 European countries. It brings together social partners, maritime shipping industry, trade unions, research organizations, maritime academies and universities, education and training providers and public authorities.
Particularly, it aims to:
- Have a better match between the skills needs of the industry and the education and training provided.
- Prepare current and future seafarers for the expected changes within the industry.
- Increase the number of European maritime professionals.
- Map out technological developments in ship operation and their effect on the industry’s skills requirements.
- Overcome barriers to the mobility of seafaring labour.
- Improve co-operation between education providers, competent authorities and industry.
Erasmus + Key Action 2 (Sector Skills Alliances) of the European Commission
Stichting STC Group
Start; January 2019 Duration; 4 Years
Learning Development, Maritime Education & Training